This is a very informative page from Gasland’s site.
At the top, you will find a creative and interactive Flash presentation that adds some visual clarity to the situation.
Below, you will find simple, straightforward answers to the following questions:
- How does hydraulic fracturing work?
- What is horizontal hydraulic fracturing?
- What is the Halliburton Loophole?
- What is the Safe Drinking Water Act?
- What is the FRAC Act?
- How deep do natural gas wells go?
- How much water is used during the fracking process?
- What fluids are used in the fracking process?
- In what form does the natural gas come out of the well?
- What is done with the wastewater?
- What is a well’s potential to cause air pollution?
. . .